Interior design styles come and go, but there are a few that remain popular year after year. In this article, we’ll explore the most popular interior design styles of 2022 and see why they continue to be so popular. From contemporary to chic country style, these styles will have you thinking about updating your home in no time!
Traditional Home Styles
There are many popular interior design styles out there, but which one dominates? Traditional home styles continue to be very popular, and this is likely due to their popularity over the last few decades. They are typically simple and elegant, and they can easily be adapted to any style or room. Some of the most popular traditional home styles include:
-Beaux Arts: This style was popular in the 1920s and 1930s, and it features ornate details and a high level of elegance.
-Victorian: This is a classic style that was popular in the 1800s. It features intricate designs and a focus on tradition and historical accuracy.
-Colonial: This style was popular in the 1700s, and it features lots of woodwork and elegant details.
Coastal Home Styles
Coastal home styles are becoming more popular, as homeowners want to feel like they’re living on the beach. This style features bright colors, lots of waves and shells, and is perfect for coastal areas.
Modern Home Styles
The most popular interior design styles right now are modern home styles. This includes sleek, contemporary designs with a focus on natural materials and clean lines. There’s a lot of variation among modern homes, so you can find something that looks perfect for your personality and style.
Scandinavian Home Styles
According to a study by The Wall Street Journal, Scandinavian interior design is the most popular style in the United States. The study found that 26% of Americans consider Scandinavian design their go-to style when it comes to decorating their home. This is followed by French Country (24%), Americana (23%) and Mid-Century Modern (22%).
Why do these styles have such a following? According to the study, it has to do with the way these designs are simple and streamlined, with focus on natural materials and textures. They also emphasize elegance and functionality over beauty. If you’re interested in incorporating some of these styles into your home, here are five tips:
1. Use natural materials whenever possible – Scandinavian designers are known for using sustainable materials like wood, stone and earth tones in their designs. This can help you save money on your renovation costs while keeping your home feeling natural and organic.
2. Keep things functional – One of the hallmarks of Scandinavian design is its emphasis on functional spaces. Everything from furniture to lighting should be designed to work together harmoniously. This will help you create a cohesive space that’s efficient and easy to use.
3. Keep it clean andminimalistic – Scandinavian designers are known for their minimalist aesthetic, which focuses on keeping things clean and uncluttered. This will help you create a functional and stylish home that’s easy to keep up with.
4. Use subtle colors – While Scandinavian homes may be minimalist in terms of design, they’re not afraid to use some bold colors here and there. This will add some personality to your home while still keeping it clean and modern.
5. Follow the rules – While Scandinavian designs can be adapted to any home style, following some of the traditional guidelines can help you create a look that’s both unique and cohesive. This includes using natural materials, keeping things simple, and using subtle colors.
French Country Home Styles
When it comes to interior design, French Country style reigns supreme. This popular style is often characterized by intricate details, natural materials, and a rustic aesthetic. If you’re looking to incorporate some of the country chic into your home decor, here are five tips for achieving French Country style.
1. Start with a neutral color palette. A mix of whites, neutrals, and light colors will help inject a sense of freshness and neutrality into your space.
2. Use natural materials in your design scheme. Wood floors, stone walls, and textured wallpaper are all ideal elements for this style.
3. Keep your furniture simple and rustic-looking. Choose pieces that are well-made but not too flashy or over the top.
4. Be sure to add accents of nature wherever possible. Floral arrangements, gardenia scented candles, and country prints can all bring the French Country style to life in your home.
5. Finally, don’t be afraid to let your personality shine through in your decorating decisions! Whether you choose whimsical accessories or enjoy arranging flowers in creative ways, be unrestrained in your creativity!
Southern Home Style
There are many different interior design styles out there, and it can be hard to decide which one is right for you. If you’re looking for a more relaxed, country-style look, Southern Home Style might be what you’re after. This style is typically characterized by low-key colors and textures, plus a lot of natural materials like wood and earth. It’s perfect if you want to feel comfortable and cozy in your home.
Neoclassical is one of the most popular interior design styles. It is characterized by its use of classical architecture and ornate detailing. This style is popular for spaces that are formal and upscale.
Arts and Crafts
The Arts and Crafts Movement is one of the most popular interior design styles because it is updated without being too modern. This style is perfect for people who want a home that looks like it was decorated by someone with great taste but who doesn’t need anything too fancy or flashy.
French Country Interior Design Styles
French country interior design is an exquisite style that features antiques, natural materials, and a rustic aesthetic. This style is perfect for homes that want to evoke a feeling of warmth and comfort. French country interiors are generally low-key and subdued, making them the perfect style for small spaces or apartments.
One popular French country style is the cottage. Cottages are typically small and intimate, with exposed wooden beams and walls, and traditionally have a thatched roof. They can be decorated with rustic furniture and accessories, as well as soft curtains and bedding.
Another popular French country style is the B&B. These establishments feature traditional architecture with antique furnishings and artwork. They’re perfect for travelers who want to experience a bit of France without actually living in France.
If you’re looking for a more formal French country interior design, try incorporating elements of chateau style into your home. This style features high ceilings with ornate plasterwork, stone walls, and spiral staircases. You can also add rich fabrics and damask curtains to create an elegant atmosphere. Whatever style you choose, don’t forget to add some fresh flowers to bring the countryside inside
Mid-Century Modern is one of the most popular interior design styles. It was popular in the 1950s and 1960s and features clean lines, geometric designs, and natural materials.
Some of the most famous Mid-Century Modern designers include Charles Eames, Ray Ellis, and George Nelson. Their designs are often simple but elegant and feature sleek lines, bright colors, and natural materials like wood and stone. Mid-Century Modern is often used in modern homes or offices because it is timeless and looks great with any style.
Contemporary interior design is a popular choice for those who want a modern and sleek look. The style is typically clean and modern, with bright colors and geometric patterns. It can be used in both residential and commercial settings, and it is often associated with high-end brands. Some popular contemporary interior design styles include the Scandinavian Style, the Modern Style, and the Minimalist Style.
There are so many different interior design styles out there, it’s hard to decide which one is right for you. That’s where this article comes in! We’ve compiled a list of the most popular interior design styles, and we hope that it will help you figure out what style might be best suited for your home.
Whether you’re looking for something classical or modern, if you can think of it, chances are there is an interior design style that perfectly matches your needs. So go ahead and take a look at our list of the most popular interior design styles and see which one suits you best!