The United Club Infinite Card is the airline’s premium rewards card, which makes it more comparable to the Chase Sapphire Reserve® or The Platinum Card® from American Express.
Again, this premium airline card won’t give you the same level of redemption flexibility as you’ll get from a general travel rewards credit card.
But if you fly United regularly for business or pleasure, it may be worth it for the luxury perks.
Annual Fee: $525
Bonus: 100,000 Miles
APR: Variable APR
Rewards Rate: 1X-4X Miles
As a new cardholder, you’ll earn 100,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 in the first three months — that’s a low spending requirement for such a large sign-up bonus.
The United Club Infinite Card is the most generous of the consumer credit cards in terms of ongoing rewards. You’ll earn 4X miles per dollar on United purchases, 2X miles per dollar on all other non-United travel purchases and on dining at restaurants (including eligible delivery services) and 1X mile per dollar on everything else.
The card charges a steep $525 annual fee, which means you’ll only want to apply if you know you’ll get more value than that back every year. The card doesn’t charge a foreign transaction fee.
The card’s sign-up bonus and rewards rates are among the best with airline credit cards. But where it really shines is in its suite of perks:
- United Club membership, including unlimited access for you and your traveling companions to United Club lounges and participating Star Alliance affiliate lounges — worth up to $650 per year.
- Up to a $100 statement credit for your application to TSA Pre✓ or Global Entry every four years.
- The first and second checked bags free for you and one companion on every United flight — that’s worth up to $320 per round-trip itinerary.
- Priority check-in, security screening, boarding and baggage handling.
- 25% back as a statement credit on United inflight purchases.
- Complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Presidential Circle membership.
- Premier upgrades on award tickets
- Access to United Card events
Additionally, you’ll get the following travel and shopping protections:
- Rental car insurance: Coverage is primary, which means you don’t have to first file a claim with your personal auto insurance policy.
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance: Reimbursement of up to $10,000 per person and $20,000 per trip if your trip is canceled or interrupted due to a covered event.
- Trip delay reimbursement: Up to $500 per ticket if your trip is delayed by 12 hours or more or requires an overnight stay.
- Baggage delay insurance: Up to $100 per day for three days if your bag is delayed by more than six hours.
- Lost luggage reimbursement: Up to $3,000 in coverage if you or an immediate family member loses a checked bag or it’s damaged by the carrier.
- Purchase protection: Covers purchases against theft or damage up to 120 days after the transaction date, with up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 total coverage.
- Return protection: Reimburses up to $500 per item and $1,000 per year if a merchant doesn’t take back your item within 90 days of the purchase date.
- Extended warranty protection: Extends the manufacturer’s warranty by one year, on eligible warranties of three years or less.