Renting a bedroom can be a great way to test out living in a new city or town, without committing to a full-time lease. However, if you’re looking to spruce up your bedroom for rent, there are plenty of ways to go about it. In this article, we’ll give you some tips on how to decorate your room for rental purposes.
Dress up an Ikea room divider
You don’t have to break the bank to spruce up a bedroom for rent. All you need is some creativity and an Ikea room divider. You can use it as a wall or door divider, or even just hang pictures on it. For a more formal look, try using a bedspread or curtains. If you’re on a budget, go with some inexpensive accessories like fun pillows, throw blankets, and framed art.
Use ladders to store your personal belongings
Many people worry about burglars when they’re home, but it’s important to take other precautions as well. One way to help reduce the chances of your belongings being stolen is to store them on ladders.
This is a great way to keep your bedroom neat and tidy, while also saving you a lot of space. You can also use ladders to store your personal belongings in other parts of the house, such as the attic or basement.
Add macrame wall hangings
If you’re looking to add a touch of personality to your bedroom for rent, macrame is a great way to go! You can create simple or intricate wall hangings with this versatile craft, and they’ll look great in any space. Here are some tips on how to make macrame wall hangings:
1. Choose the right materials. Macrame is a very delicate craft, so you’ll need sturdy materials if you’re going to try it yourself. Silk or cotton thread is a good choice, because it’s strong yet flexible. Avoid using metal wire, as it can damage your work.
2. Prep the surface. Before you start weaving, you’ll need to prepare the surface where your wall hangings will be hanging. Clear away any dust or debris with a vacuum cleaner or brush before starting, and then cover the surface with several layers of plastic wrap to prevent sticking and contamination.
3. Get started. Start by tying one end of your thread loosely around an object such as a post or railing, and then pull tight until the string forms a loop. Make similar loops around other posts or rails in the same direction, creating a grid pattern on your wall.
Hang art on clothespins
If you’re looking to decorate your bedroom for renting, one easy and cost-effective way to do it is to hang art on clothespins. This low-maintenance way to add some personality to your space can be done quickly and easily, and it’s a great way to use up leftover art supplies.
Here are some ideas for hanging art on clothespins:
– Use colorful pins to hang abstract pieces or photos of natural landscapes.
– Hang small canvases or paintings that can be easily moved around as your roommate moves around in the room.
– Hang large pieces that can fill up most of the wall space. Choose prints or paintings with high contrast colors that will stand out against the room’s neutral background.
Hang up a wall organiser or shelf unit
Finding the right decorating ideas for your bedroom can be tricky, especially if you’re renting the space. But don’t worry, there are plenty of ways to spruce up a bedroom without spending a fortune. One popular way to decorate is by hanging up a wall organiser or shelf unit.
This will add plenty of storage space and a fresh new look to your room. Alternatively, you could go for a more natural look and use items like bedding, curtains and prints to create an atmosphere that’s comfortable and relaxing.
Whatever you decide to do, make sure that it reflects your personal style and enhances the appearance of your bedroom without being too over the top.
Add a herb garden to your kitchen
Adding a herb garden to your kitchen can help you to cook more healthily, and it looks great too! There are many different types of herbs that can be grown in a small space, so you can vary your cooking by using different herbs.
You could grow rosemary, sage, thyme or lavender in a small pot on the windowsill. Alternatively, you could grow them in an outdoor herb garden. Either way, having a fresh batch of herbs on hand will add flavour to your meals.
Bring in oversized planter baskets
One way to add a pop of color and personality to your bedroom while renting is to fill the space with oversized planter baskets. Not only will this help to brighten up the room, but it will also function as a stylish seating area. For an extra touch of style, you can also add a few scatter cushions or comfortable pillows to make lounging in your bedroom feel like a relaxing escape.